● You will be receiving your student’s state assessment results from last year around the
middle of December. Since last year was a brand new test, the results cannot be
compared to previous years. You will be able to access your child’s results by logging
into parent portal. Please go to http://www.topekapublicschools.net/powerschool/ for
● Last year was the first year our 3rd,8th and 10th grade students were tested on the
Kansas College and Career Ready Standards. These standards are now included in the
state assessments and are more rigorous than any previous test.
● By 2020, it is estimated that 71% of all Kansas jobs will require some education after
high school. Today, only 52% of Kansans have some postsecondary education.
● Critical thinking and solving complex problems are skills necessary whether your student
eventually wants to go to college, the military, or straight into the workplace.
● These new state assessments help us measure your student’s ability to succeed at a
higher level for a life after K12 schooling. This year’s state assessments will occur
between midFebruary and early May.
● If you have any questions, please contact our assessment team at
email@example.com or 7852953084
On a rainy Wednesday morning, Matthew Davis is found in a neon yellow jumpsuit and army boots directing school buses, cars and students safe...
Kaitlyn Ferrier learned a lot from her dad. He introduced her to cars and tools. He showed her what hard work looked like and a...
Joe L. Hall Jr. is in his first year as a guidance counselor at Topeka West High School. Hall is originally from Compton, California wh...
Topeka West sophomore Claire Coultis at the State 4-H Convention Livestock and crafts are the first things that come to mind for ...